Kelli Jones Diary: 100% Cotton Therapy

Thursday, April 30, 2009

100% Cotton Therapy

I learned to crochet a few years ago and have made a few scarfs and a few cotton dishcloths and even a huge afghan for my sister. I have never been able to make the edges straight and uniform. While I have been going for rectangular or square for these simple projects, I usually get trapezoids.

I am so happy to say, I think I have finally mastered the turning around at the end of each row so my edges are now straight. With practice, has also come the ability to make multiples of the same size so an actual color coordinated set of dishcloths is now within my reach. The dishclothes are fun to crochet and they make thoughtful and practical gifts... especially if you add some cool dishwashing liquid as part of the gift. You can never have too many cloths for handwashing dishes or cleaning the counter.

I also think a gift set of hand crocheted clothes would be nice for the bath, too... with some body wash. I love Zum Body Lemongrass Body Wash. I have just learned that they now have aromatherapy laundry soap, which I would love to try at some point... $19 for 32 loads is pricey but the Sweet Orange or Eucalyptus-Citrus fragrances sound fabulous.

Because I am so excited about my new skills -- the straight edges and the ability to make multiples of the same size, everyone I know will be getting hand crocheted cloths from me. In fact, I gave away three tonight. How can something so simple be so relaxing and restorative? I love the repetition, the colors, the soft 100% cotton thread... very therapeutic.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Glue Girl said...

I LOVE my new dishtowel from Creative Kelli, as I like to call my dear friend. It works amazingly well & matches so well in my retro kitchen. Thanks sweetie.

May 4, 2009 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Keri Lee Sereika said...

OH I love hand crocheted dish cloths...I have ONE and it seems each time I used it, it would get softer and more "broken in"...I used to know how to crochet and really should try to pick it back up....I think perhaps you have inspired me to go get a hook, some cotton yarn and google the "how to" on these little cloths!

June 23, 2009 at 3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

   
www.howdoyouglue.com www.howdoyouglue.com